Sunday, February 14, 2010

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!!! I have a date with Lizzabeth tomorrow in Newton Centre between classes...I know, how did I land such a hottie? I'm still asking myself.

I'm 5 weeks into my second semester over here at BC. This one is even bigger than the last one, with two classes continuing from last semester and three new ones. The job search is also slowing down, it looks like I'll be in CP for the summer working at the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation for 10 weeks starting in June. It's not a definite yet, I still have a possibility left in Toronto, but it looks like it's leaning that way. So I'll be riding that big ugly bus from CP to Albany every morning (and evening?) over the summer. Whooo. But I'll be saving the earth while I do it! It really wouldn't be right to drive to my job at the DEC. All those greenhouse gases can be saved by riding the bus! And in fact, the DEC internship sounds pretty good. They run this program every year, and they know exactly what first year law students need for a summer job. And, with a little luck, the government is going to be paying me to do it. Hoffmans, our long, rollercoaster relationship might be over for good. I'm goin the way of Ums, Kellen, and Alan...I'm also in the middle of applying for an on campus job for next year for some extra money. AND fundraising for the public interest law foundation at BC - if you have any items you think could fetch some money at auction, or know any businesses/people who could donate some items, give me a call! I don't get to keep the money, but I do get credit, and the more fundraising I do the better my chances to receive some funds for summer public interest work like the DEC.

Kara (my roommate) and I and a friend just put in a lease application for next year (Sept 1, 2010 to Aug 31, 2011). We found a really nice one right in Cleveland Circle. It's also cheaper than where I am now. What this means is that I'm pretty committed to being in Boston NEXT summer, after my 2L year.

I have Spring Break in a couple weeks (yup, the first week in March. It gets less 'springy' every year it seems). I'll be coming home for a few days, visiting Rob in Toronto, and then I'll be home again for the second weekends, which is my Mom's birthday. Then, a couple weeks later, Law Prom (or Barrister's Ball, for those young lawyers embarrassed to say 'Law Prom'...)!!

I think that's about everything going on in my life for now. Hope everyone is doing well, and Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

L T. O'Brien said...

I have to drive all the time... so we could carpool if you want. Its much nicer than those nasty buses.

Also, my cousin Brendan works for the DEC (or EnCon as it also called). He's the most awkward person I've ever met and he looks nothing like me, but he's a nice kid.

Claire said...

haha I think I could get along with anyone related to you. And I'd love to take you up on your ride offers, I'd rather pay you for gas than spend money on a bus pass. And I'd get to see you in the morning! :)

Unknown said...

Wait so when you home? I'm home like that week of the 8th-12th and the bookending weekends. That reminds me that I should look for a job. I'm the worst applyer for jobber ever, I've been "working" on writing a general cover letter for like a month lol. Clearly not gonna have a job this summer...

Claire said...

My spring break is March 1- 5, but during the week I'll be in Toronto. I'll be in CP the bookending weekends, which means the last weekend in Feb and the first in March.