Thursday, November 19, 2009


Hello!

Sorry it has taken me so long to post.. I was waiting for something exciting to happen to me but it never did so I may as well get on with it. Though I do warn you in advance, I suck at posting in blogs (as any of the girls will attest to..)

I am in my last semester at McGill and it is flyingggggggg by. I cannot believe that I only have 2 weeks of class left- yikes! I have so much to finish before I am done.. I don't know how it is going to happen haha. But I would be lying if I said it hasn't been fun. I really like my classes, which is a great way to finish my undergrad. I went on a field trip to some wetlands in Quebec at the beginning of the semester, which was awesome! Above left is a bog we visited (we were trying to channel the bog people..) and to the right is my prof in a salt marsh, which I nearly lost a boot in lol. We also went to a swamp but that was not nearly as exciting haha.

Since that little field trip, it has really been nothing but school.. lame, I know. I have crashed a few earth and planetary science parties (not as dorky as it sounds), but that is about it. I would say about 80% of my friends have graduated and left so my roommate and I just bum around watching movies alot. We did manage to get out for Halloween though- I was a penguin!



This is Lisa, my roommate (the flamingo), and I. And we also made a really yummy (early) Thanksgiving dinner for our friends- turkey, stuffing, the whole 9 yards. It was my first time actually cooking the turkey, but it turned out great (no food poisoning, thank god) so that was fun :-)

Not much else is new with me.. I sadly won't be home for Thanksgiving this year, but I should be home in December after finals for an indefinite amount of time.. lol. If anyone knows of anyone looking to hire a map-maker, please let me know :-\

Hope everyone is well! See you in December :-)

Jinna <3

1 comment:

Claire said...

wow you cooked a thanksgiving dinner!?? that's like the crown jewel of culinary accomplishment! ;o)