Thursday, November 5, 2009

Odyssey

I think my next year could be summed up best in an outline:

- 28OCT2009 to 19DEC2009 – Fort Sill, OK – Basic Officer Leadership Course II – Shooting, running, crawling, suffering

- 19DEC2009 to 03JAN2010 – Home

- 03JAN2010 to APR2010 – Fort Leonard Wood, MO – Engineer Basic Officer Leadership Course –Building and blowing stuff up

- APR2010 to ???? – Southeast USA - Ranger/Sapper School – PAIN, priceless education

- ???? to ???? – Fort Lewis, WA/Overseas – 14th Combat Engineer Battalion – Leading a platoon of combat engineers

In other recent news, I ran the Hartford Marathon in October and went to D.C. to cheer my Dad on while he ran the Marine Corps Marathon. On October 28th, I started my 4 day driving journey to Oklahoma with two of my Army buddies from school. We stopped in Niagara Falls, Chicago, Springfield, Missouri, and Oklahoma City. It was quite the adventure (14 hour driving days on occasion) and I apologize for anyone I didn’t stop in to see along the way. I was on Army time, so I couldn’t really go off course.


Eder, myself, and McAdams at Niagara Falls, after two failed photos by Japanese and Russian tourists.

I’ll post more along with some images of my training as I progress further here. I will definitely be home for Christmas and New Years, from 20 December to 3 January. I'll be flying in and out of St. Louis, so I will be borrowing my parent's vehicles while I am home. My contact information as far as a mailing address changes frequently, but will always be listed in my Facebook profile. Make sure you let me know if you’re sending anything though, as I may not be at that address. I should have email and phone contact on a weekly basis though. Hope to see you all soon.

Kellen

4 comments:

RobDiz8 said...

whats with the random weights?

Kellen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kellen said...

That Crossfit thing on our shirts will post our picture on their website if we're doing something in line with their programming, so we figured we'd try to get our 15 seconds of fame.

Claire said...

yaaaay i'll get to see you soon. you have been one busy soldier. what are you, a captain or colonel or major yet? :)

claire