Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Goulet goes to law school

Hi Friends! It's been fun catching up on all of your lives. Glad to see you're all doing so well.

Right now I'm hanging out in the law librizzle before lunchtime. I'm loving law school so far, which is good seeing as how I've wanted to do this since 11th grade. My classes are fun (well, besides torts - eddie and I disagree on this point) and I really like my professors. I also have a fun group of friends which makes the experience that much more enjoyable.

We aren't allowed as 1L's to join any type of clinic or do any sort of pro bono litigation, so I've been trying to get involved in other ways. I'm a member of the American Constitution Society (like the Federalist society, except for opposite - we're the liberal end! woohoo there's like 4 of us in the whole school), and I joined an academic law fraternity, Phi Delta Phi, which has been good for making connections. I'm also really trying to prepare to make law review by meeting with my legal writing professor weekly. Cross your fingers!

Another fun aspect of being here is the fact that I actually get to see REAL football games. I'm obsessed with college football now, and yes, I have painted my face for the games. It's been fun to get the "real" college experience in law school which is kind of counterintuitive, but whatevs! We usually all have a law tailgate during the day then go to the game together. I have come to find that lawyers are binge drinkers. The thought that some of these people will be future "doctors" is borderline frightening.

Last week we had a law ball which was fun (for those of you AD fans - we called it Bob Loblaw's Law Ball). Unfortunately, I don't remember most of the night, but I was told I had a good time. Whoopsie!

I went to Rochester this past weekend for our alumni weekend. It was awesome, I hung out with Ali and most of my DG friends. Unfortunately, Ali was the only one out of my roch crew who could make it, but we stayed in a hotel on sat night and 'twas quite fun. I also have come to terms with the fact that my college days are over, but that's okay since I'm liking my life here.

Alright, hopefully I'll talk to you all soon! PLEASE come visit me - especially if you're bored at home. We have lots and lotssssies of fun on the weekends. I won't be home for turkey day, so I'll see you all in Decemb.

heartsies!
Wags

3 comments:

RobDiz8 said...

Hahaha, real football games eh? Sounds like you'll be just as busy/involved as Claire. Ya know when you guys graduate, we damande free legal advice and services.

By the way, click the "Follow" button to join the crew.

Unknown said...

I <3 torts. You guys are all crazy with your clubs. I think I'm too busy trying to deal with living the double life of law school and undergrad to do any of that. I wish that was something legitimate for my resume though lol.

Claire said...

At least you're honest Eddie.