Friday, October 9, 2009

Holiday plans

Yes I know its early but what are the plans for the holidays?! It would be a lot easier if we could plan this far ahead instead of trying to just get something together at the last min. Obviously everyone will have family plans, but at least we could think up some ideas so we can organize the time off. Although it has never been planned, I have always ended up at Alan's for turkey day. Not sure how it will happen this year, but then again I say that every year. If you guys will be home for turkey weekend maybe we could get together to watch some football or just hang out.
If there is going to be a group back home in Dec maybe we could coordinate a Christmas party since it seems like this is going to get harder and harder each year. If anyone wants to volunteer their place that would be great, or if someone has any alternative ideas like renting out a place for the night idk. Throw some ideas around.
Also, my sister Teri started this secret santa with our family this year through the site Elfster. It picks your recipient and lets you make wish lists/suggest gifts for people. So far my list is pretty ridiculous, but its turning out to be a lot more fun then I expected and its only Oct. We could set up a similar one, which could include people who won't be home as long as the gifts are mailed out in time. Let me know what you guys think.

13 comments:

L T. O'Brien said...

I'm always around. I like the idea of setting up that secret santa. It was pretty fun the last time we did it as a whole group... but that was almost 5 years ago.

Jinna said...

Aw that is actually a really cute idea. Even though the last time we did this, I believe i received underwear and was very embarrassed.. I don't know if I will be home this Thanksgiving (technically for me it is Thanksgiving this weekend...) but I will definitely be home around Christmas time. I would for sure be game for a holiday get together :-)

Cat said...

I love the idea of a secret santa! I can't believe it was so long ago that we did it with everyone! Probably since the girls do it anyways...well sorta. No undies.

RobDiz8 said...

Good to hear you guys are down for it, but were going to need more than 6 people here guys haha. Meg, Kellen, Dan, Wix some input?

L T. O'Brien said...

Just a thought... you know you misspelled "Clifton" in the web address, right Rob?


Undies for everyone!

Wags said...

Hi friends! I'm sitting in torts right now - so illegal of me. but anyway, I would love to see you all during Xmas break. I won't be home for Thanksgiving this year, so let me know your plans for December. Come visit me!

Claire said...

I'll be home for Thanksgiving, and my Christmas break is from late December to mid-Jan this year. Possibly a little earlier than mid Jan...not nearly as much time off as Colgate. I should be an stressed out wreck during Thanksgiving due to upcoming finals, so that should be fun to watch, if you'll be home too.

Kellen said...

I'll be home for Thanksgiving and from around Dec. 20th to Jan. 2nd. I'll probably have to leave my car in Missouri, so I'm going to be that guy asking for rides all the time (or driving the replacement momma soccer van). I'll talk to my parents about a Christmas party at my house, and get back to you all. I think it would have to involve hideous Christmas sweaters as an admission ticket.

RobDiz8 said...

ya, i've avoided those sweaters for about 12 years now and no one will drag me back into one. i can bring one to show if thats cool, but i'm not gonna wear it.

Nicole_Totaro said...

That sounds like fun!!! Set it up Rob :)

RobDiz8 said...

haha well why don't we wait for Kel to make sure we're good to go first. no pressure here kellen, we can always figure something out if you can't do it. we have lots of time. anyone else think they could pull something like this off? ill check out renting a place for a night and get back to you guys

RobDiz8 said...

regarding the secret santa I'm gonna need EVERYONE's email. I still don't have everyone from the blog let alone the people that said they're pumped for the blog and have yet to use it. hint hint

RobDiz8 said...

So Kel, what's the dilio?