Sunday, October 4, 2009

Intro

Hey guys,

As explained in the facebook message this is going to be a personal blog just for the group of us. It is going to be a trial run for a project I'm setting up here in Toronto, but I figured it was a good way to see what you fools were up to. Over the years I've noticed that I have been in contact less and less with friends from Clifton Park. I noticed the same thing happened when I moved there from Montreal, and now I am in contact with only a handful of my friends from Quebec. I wouldn't want the same thing to happen again just because of distance, espically since we could use something as simple as a blog to stay in touch. I know everyone is busy with their own lives, and it can be hard to keep in touch besides the occational message (Facebook, AIM, Myspace, Twitter, blah blah). This way we can stay in contact in one simple medium that is exclusive to us. Use it for funny stories (college, trips, jobs) life updates (weddings, moving, news) to set up something to get everyone together (new years, montreal, etc) or just to say "What up!". Also I'll set up some addional blogs for different topics to discuss and to find info easy like where to get cheap flights, items for sale, current events or anything you guys are interested in reading about.
I know you ladies have a similar situation set up, which is fine since "Girl Talk" seems to be inevitable, but now there is a place where everyone can join in.
The only rule I ask you guys to follow is to not invite random people without asking me first. This is a sort of experiment for some plans I have in the future, which makes you guineapigs ;) and I would need to keep it regulated to collect some info. Other than that, feel free to do what you will with it. Over time I will update the site with add-ons for pics, links, videos and some other goodies.

If you have any questions just hit me up on this site, email (Robdiz8@gmail.com), cell (647) 982-1100[long distance folks], or aim (McKer17).

3 comments:

Claire said...

Helloooooo

L T. O'Brien said...

Good idea, Rob.

Is there a way for each of us to create a post or do we just comment on your posts?

Hope all is well.

RobDiz8 said...

Yup, when you join I'll add you as an author so you can create them.