Thursday, October 8, 2009

They call us the Legal Eagles

Hello CPers! I am sitting in Contracts waiting for class to start. I'm a month and a week into law school at Boston College. I really love it; studying the law requires all of the analytic and problem solving and puzzle skills that I find fun for some reason. And, it makes watching CSI and Law and Order even more wonderful. This week and next week are several practice midterm exams, which are the first taste of any kind of test we've had. Nothing is graded until the end of the semester (with the exception of legal writing class) - everything rides on our final exams, which are supposed to be harrowing, from what I've heard. So I'm bound to be in a bad mood most of December, just beware.

I'm taking 5 classes, serving on a couple student government boards, competed in a negotiation competition, doing a little pro bono work, and playing in a softball league on the weekends. I love Boston, although admittedly I haven't spent much time in the city. Newton, where Boston College is, is about 6 miles from the center of Boston, kind of on the fringe. We have Monday off for Columbus day, I'm on my way to Toronto tomorrow.


Hope everyone is doing well! Hopefully I'll see some of you for Thanksgiving!

Love Claire

1 comment:

RobDiz8 said...

Whoo Toronto trip! You should give me a call if you find the time.